Add a little Halloween decor with Coasters

I wanted to add a little cute, not in your face Halloween decor to the house to get the boys excited about Fall and with Subway art all over the blog world thought up these coasters which are super easy to make (would be easier if I had a vinyl cutter but hopefully one day soon). This project is the Her How-To for October to so you can pick up a copy to see it in print.

Supplies:
4 square ceramic tiles
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper of choice
Contact Paper
Xacto Knife
Paint
Clear Acrylic Spray
Design (I just did mine in Word and printed it out)
16 Felt Circles



Trace your design onto the paper side of the contact paper having it appear backwards...


Use your xacto knife to cut out the words from the contact paper (you are making a stencil of the words so save the insides of the letters to use).

Peel contact paper square and place on the scrapbooked tile. Paint over the stencil a couple of times and then peel off the contact paper while the paint is still wet to keep the contact paper from tearing (if it tears a little just press down...you'll be sealing it later).

After the paint dries paint a quick coat of Mod Podge to seal. Once that dries then go to town with the clear acrylic spray...I think I did 5 coats (their coasters so I wanted them sealed really well.

Add felt circles to the bottom corners.

Repeat 3 more times and you'll have a unique way to decor your home for the holiday.

Or tie a little burlap strip around and take as a hostess gift to all your spooky parties.


If you are interested in my template just email me and I can send it your way. I think I might make up some with just an intial in the middle for teacher gifts for Christmas (last year I had 14 teacher gifts to get for just two boys..I taught at two different schools. This year we are down to one so should be much better).