Front Porch Makeover

The front of our house we felt was always a little dull and lacked the character of the inside of the home that we loved. We had always had plans to add a large covered front porch since it was something we both have said was what we saw in our dream home, so back in December we made it happen. So stay tune for before and after shots of the house before and after deck, but for now here's the shutters and flower box Brandon made me to add curb appeal. We looked at stores for shutters we liked, but they were a little more then we wanted to spend for the cheap kind I didn't even like...we're talking $45 a pair for the size we needed and that is not even the ones I wanted. Might not seem like a lot for some, but when it's just a piece of vinyl and there wasn't even any they I loved it is a lot. So we went home and as I looked through my Lowe's Creative Ideas magazine I saw something similar to these. Gave the magazine to Brandon and said I want these and he went out and made them...what a sweetie. We stained them the same color as the porch to tie it all in together and I do have one more project to come that will use the wood and stain as a little decor piece for the porch that I will hopefully get to here soon.
Then being the wonderful guy he is, Brandon set out to build me a window box for the windows on the other side of the house that I have said I have wanted for about 4 years now.
But of course I did not make it easy on him when I requested that it hold pots instead of being one box so I can easily change out plants that die...I don't have the greenest thumb.
So this weekend Brandon will be making 7 sets of the shutters for another house, so if you are interested in the shutters or flower box let us know and he can get you prices and even install them for you.