All things chalkboard

I know chalkboard has bee all over the place lately, and I have to admit I love the chalkboard paint, but I will say I did this project about a year and a half ago (however it's not done yet...on my list). Anyway, I had Brandon cut some plywood to the right size then painted two with chalkboard paint and covered two with batting and fabric for a corkboard (if I was doing it again I would of also put a layer of cork under the batting and fabric to make it a little more user friendly...I often have to get the hammer out to put stuff up. So then we hung them up on sliders and have sliding doors to the laundry room that are very functional. Now I just need to paint the trim around it so it will look complete.
So then last month I got my free Glidden paint in the mail and had found these 4 chairs at a junk store for $24 for all 4 and decided to paint them blue to match the curtains and needed to do something to spruce up the table as it was pretty old and had been used for my brothers and sister and then parkes so had lots of wear and tear and then it hit me...I had extra chalkboard paint left. So several coats later I have a table the boys love to draw on, hopefully they won't think you can draw on ever table.And here's our fun labor day plans, watching football and laying grass seed and hay. We wanted to level out the yard where we had a few low spots and water would sit after it rained. We've had dirt now since the spring patiently waiting to get it all smoothed out and lay seed at the best time so I'm very excited to get some grass back there for the boys to get to run. A money saving tip on dirt if someone is building or renovating near you and you are looking to even out a slope then ask about them dumping it in your yard where you need it. It saves them money and time to dump it near by. It might not be on your time schedule, but it's free.